04192014Headline:

Solid Gold: Meria With Kenneth Humphreys -Jesus Never Existed

Read It Before Responding

Solid Gold: Meria Interviewed Ken Humphreys on his excellent book ” Jesus Never Existed”. Read it before making up your mind! See the movie by Brian Flemming “The God That Wasn’t There”; Isis, Horus, Mithra – and Jesus; all religions equally false? Red pill show indeed. Originally aired 11/29/06.

YOUR SUBSCRIPTION GIVES YOU ACCESS TO THIS SHOW AND THE WHOLE SITE. THANK YOU

6 Responses to "Solid Gold: Meria With Kenneth Humphreys -Jesus Never Existed"

1. Andy Buchan says:

I have long held the Bible, and the story of Jesus in particular, to be nothing more than a fairy-tale, and a bad fairy-tale at that. This was an excellent interview. The person to have most educated me on the subject of Christianity has been the philosopher Nietzsche, who was really the first great voice of sanity to explore that religion; pity he’s not around today — would have loved to hear you interview him!!!

me too. Another I would have loved to interview was Osho.

3. Andi S says:

In “Did Jesus Exist? The Historical Argument for Jesus of Nazareth,” Bart Ehrman soundly refutes the arguments — sometimes made by atheists, agnostics and humanists — that early storytellers invented Jesus.

Ehrman said he had long received occasional emails from atheists and others asking him if he thought Jesus actually lived. Then last year, he accepted an award at a meeting of the American Humanist Association in Cambridge, Mass. While there, he was dismayed to find many humanists, who describe themselves as “good without God,” adhered to widely discredited notions that Jesus never lived.

It eventually dawned on him that the Jesus deniers were the flip side of the Christian fundamentalists he had long ago foresworn. Both were using Jesus to justify their relationship to Christianity.

“I keep telling Christians, they don’t have to be afraid of the truth,” said Ehrman. “The same thing applies to atheists and humanists. It’s not going to kill them to think Jesus really existed.”

Largely missing from the quarrel is an acknowledgement of how far atheists and agnostics have come.

“They’re squabbling over the existence of a man, not a messiah or a god,” said Ryan Cragun, a sociologist at the University of Tampa. “No one is saying Jesus was God. If you step back it’s not that cataclysmic.”

more at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/03/did-jesus-exist-bart-ehrman_n_1400465.html

It’s up to people to do their own research. I personally don’t’ believe any of the bible.

5. mysticjanet says:

Great info; college in late 60s had a small book about this, and I’ve always kept it. just read and remember “virgin” just meant young woman in the day.
    My favorite of Dawkins, its just a tea cup in the sky!!!
    I still laugh about that as I am an astrologer. Zeitgeist movies helped to point the date references.
    Thanks for researching and helping the rest of us feel better.

It’s my pleasure. I’m here to bust open the programs they have sold all of us.