04252014Headline:

Send In the Clowns

tumblr_lm6snm18RW1qcxi2ko1_cover

10/23/13 Send in the Clowns with Meria & Dave McGowan. Obamacare- forcing insurance, ignoring quality of medical care; US dentists prices vs. Mexico; Other countries give free medical care; American greed – “The Gold Rush” by Ken Burns; School shootings and dead men tell no tales; Mary’s Mosaic; Lincoln’s “story”; the Moon “landings”; fooling the public for over a century; the intel-entertainment industry; “Weird Scenes Inside the Canyon” on facebook; Actors used for intel through the ages; Who was William Shakespeare? Did he have a doppelgänger? No proof he was educated or could even write; Sir Francis Bacon & Freemasons; and much more.

SUPPORT independent media that’s on your side with a subscription of choice. Total access to site 24/7.

7 Responses to "Send In the Clowns"

1. Valerie says:

Great show Meria. I experienced a protracted dental nightmare April of this year through early July. I ended up switching dentists after impressions were taken from the first dentist for crown work–but it’s a good thing I did. Dave shared very informative and interesting information about Shakespeare. Thank you for another enlightening broadcast.

thanks, we were a little all over the place, but that’s what keeps it interesting! I get second opinions on EVERYTHING….

Thank you for another informative, entertaining and thought-provoking “Send In The Clowns”!

4. andie says:

Shakespeare may have been Edward de Vere:

from http://www.preventragedy.com/pages/shakespeare.html

“The article that follows, authored by my friend and fellow author Robert Prechter, Jr., may be one of the most important in the annals of alcoholism. It makes a superb case for the disease in Edward de Vere, aka William Shakespeare. Bearing in mind that his works are perhaps the most well-known and widely read ever, I would suggest that many of the great myths of alcoholism have been created and perpetuated by Shakespeare’s writings.

Attribution
    The Shakespeare Oxford Newsletter, a publication dedicated to investigating the case for “Shakespeare” being a pseudonym of Edward de Vere, the 17th Earl of Oxford, has graciously allowed us to reprint this article from their Fall 2005 edition.”

5. info says:

I was listening to you and Dave McGowan yesterday. Good show. I wanted to comment on what you were saying about healthcare in other countries.

As you know I have been living in Argentina and Uruguay. Both countries have state-run hospitals. There is a multi-faceted system here. At the bottom of the rung are those state-run hospitals. These are what make sure everone is covered. In Uruguay these hospitals are awful. In Argentina, they’re decent enough that people come from neighboring countries to get care. If you need something and you’re not dying, you might have to wait a long time to get what you need, and during the time of the crisis they were very low on supplies. A lot of people would provide their own supplies for expediency.

Above that level are what’s called obras sociales in Argentina and mutualistas in Uruguay. Basically what that is is a kind of group plan through employment or self-employment (like Obamacare, but much cheaper). If you join through employment, you don’t have to worry about pre-existing conditions. The thing is that an individual organization may be mediocre or it may be woefully inadequate. People sign up for these based on word-of-mouth recommendations. Again, if you had apendicitis or a heart attack you would be taken care of right away. If you had something more complex or where you weren’t dying right away, you would probably have to wait your turn, or be VERY diligent about getting an appointment (get up early and wait in line).

The effect of these two tiers of healthcare is that their existence pushes the cost of healthcare down for everyone. Since everyone is covered some way, most people are not that concerned when they can’t afford better coverage, because they have something.

There’s another level of care, and this is the what’s called prepaid care. Basically it’s a private medical insurance policy. In Buenos Aires, for example, the Hospital Italiano covers a family of four for less than $200 a month, and the care is excellent.

One thing you will note outside the U.S. is that doctors are professionals, not gods like we’ve been taught to believe by TV programs like Dr. Kildare on through whatever’s on TV today. They have good salaries, but most of them don’t expect to get rich. The exception to this would be plastic surgeons. Dentistry is much cheaper (like in Mexico), and dental coverage is less available. Basic dental was just added to Uruguay’s mutualista plans.

My mutualista when I was working in Uruguay at Sabre was about $50 a month. In Argentina I just enrolled as self-employed and have to pay a tax of about $35 a month which is a combination of retirement, income tax, and health insurance. I plan to enroll in the truck drivers’ plan (you can pick pretty much any one you want) because people say it’s been working well.

My opinion of doctors and dentists in the States has for years been pretty negative. I could never understand how someone could charge 50-70-100 dollars for a few minutes of their time. How on Earth does this make sense? Doctors end up being an entirely different social class, and their demeanor is almost always one of extreme self-importance. When I lived in Mexico in the eighties and actually had personal friends who were doctors, and this gave me an entirely different way of seeing their profession. It made me feel like doctors in the States were arrogant, greedy assholes. The ones in Mexico are just as good, just as professional, and they are more caring.

The bottom line for me now is that the medical issue is just one more reason I never want to live in the States again. There are still things I like about the States, but there are people who are actively working to destroy them, and the population is so ignorant that they don’t realize what they are losing.

Hope you’re doing great!

thanks for all this great information! Big hugs!

7. debalexander2000@aol.com says:

I wonder if I will live long enough to see all the men/women-in-the-street finally recognizing the formulaic faux “incidents” – where the Emperors will be laughed at by all and sundry for wearing no clothes. I know that we (you and your listeners and me) are not necessarily alone in seeing the ridiculousness, but there needs to be so many more people to “get” it before we reach critical mass – to form a group large enough to throw the bastards out.