10012020Headline:

Hell & High Water with Meria & Chuck Ochelli

6/23/20 Hell & High Water, With Meria and Chuck Ochelli.

Election day and mail in ballots; trump & Barr’s latest insanity on mail in voting; votes have to match the voter rolls; the murder of Rayshard Brooks, both sides; using discernment and your own resonance to “news”; Covid 19 rising, no national guidelines or experts; race and police; Bubba Wallace and NASCAR; the film “The 13th” (Netflix); Jackie Robinson, Wendell Scott, Muhammed Ali; DUI’s; systemic change is needed; trained professionals vs. trained to kill; cops in schools, not nurses or counselors; Greg Palast, Jonathan Simon’s work on stolen elections and lots more.

20th Year on the net!

Education you don’t get anywhere else – commercial/censor free because of your subscription. Support truly independent media –. All downloadable.

9 Responses to "Hell & High Water with Meria & Chuck Ochelli"

1. amandathewaterlover says:

You said that you can’t understand what it’s like to be black unless you’re black. I believe with empathy it is possible. If we develop empathy. I had a discussion like this with someone they said they will never truly feel what another person is feeling and never fully understand then, even to their own children. I said with empathy, it is possible. It is still up in the air in my mind. Well you know how you say I am not alone, Meria? Well when it is said “you’ll never understand me’ I am thinking in that case a person is alone if I am wrong about the power of love and empathy.

To say the least, I always love Hell & High Water. No matter what the subject is, you and Chuck always keep it interesting. It’s even more so when you don’t totally agree. It is an example of how even two strong personalities can keep it civil and respectful. Listening to you and Chuck have different points of view on a subject makes it possible to believe in compromise in all discussions. You both made your points, while honoring the other person’s opinion. No name calling, what a concept! There is at least one person, without mentioning his name, who could learn so much about respectful dialogue by listening to Hell & High Water. Thank you, Meria and Chuck! x

thanks Pat!

love and empathy helps for sure. But until one walks in their shoes, we can’t get it 100%.

5. amandathewaterlover says:

Is it possible to take a walk in someone else’s shoes. It’s an expression, “take a walk in my shoes”. This is a proverb that hangs in my grandmother’s home:

Never criticize a man until you’ve walked a mile in his moccasins. He who is present at a wrongdoing and does not lift a hand to prevent it, is as guilty as the wrongdoers. Great Spirit, help me never to judge another until I have walked in his moccasins. Listen or thy tongue will keep thee deaf.

This proverb says take a walk in their shoes. Is it possible? This proverb also makes me wonder over those who stood there watching George Floyd be murdered. I know it would be risky but someone, a everyday people have to be willing to pay down their lives for innocent people who are harmed by our government and their “dogs”. Perhaps that is how to take a walk in the other person’s shoes?

6. delroydmurray says:

London UK Here, 1964 Baby, Son of Jamaican “Windrush” Immigrants, Born here in UK.

Meria made the point that white people can never really know what it’s like to be Black and thats the sailiant point here because Chuck is clearly a good guy and an intelligent thoughtful man but honestly, he would never make those points, as interesting as they appear to be, if he knew what it was like to be black

Chucks points are futile and mute. Meria’s points are great 🙂 (What do you mean, I would say that)The only point is that what happened to that black person would not have happened to a white persdon and the police force is KKK. Thats the point here, period. We all know what the guy did. Some will say he is an out and out criminal Some will be more sympathetic. This debate is and should be solely about a thuggish and brutal, TRIGGER HAPPY police force that also happens to be largely KKK, treating black people like dogs (but thats how america has always treated black people).

Yes the police treat their own like dogs occassionaly but not that you would notice in real terms. Yes people do crime. Black people do crime, but they dont deserve to be treated less than dogs when you look at the experiences on the street.

I’m afraid that now the debate has spiralled into you either get the black experience and are kind loving and have empathy, or your a low life son of a bitch who doesn’t have a heart……. And thats the grand division that the hidden hand wants is what I say……. Now I know I haven’t fully elaborated on what I am saying but I think that there is enough for a thinking person to mull over, and maybe even get my point. I do get chucks intelligent point, and I know that he is Not a low life son of a bitch without a heart.

BTW Meria Heller is thee only “white” person on planet earth that I know, or have met and conversed with, or listened to, that if I were in a situation where I had to do a major talk on the black experience in say the 21st century I could call on and say do you know what I really can’t be bothered to do this talk let me ask Meria if she would do it for me, and I honestly don’t think I would even brief her. Clearly there must be many other such compassionate souls on the planet. I’ve just not met them.

American is far too black and white for me Meria, forgive me swiping the pun. Democrat or Republican till death do us part. Don’t worry about the policies, or the man, or the woman. Pro guns or you want to aboliosh them? Incidents of mass shootings in schools and churches are a minor concern in the debate. Pro Guns OR Not??….. You’re either a white supremasist or a “N” lover and never the twain shall meet. Which America do you stand for?? With the gun in your head, under the light of a blazing torch as you are being asked the question. We in the UK, black or white, are baffled by you Americans you know.

P.S. I did read most of the comments and I didn’t find not one of them to be offensive to anyone in anyway, and I did pick up on a sense of Peace at last Peace at last Lord God Almighty Peace At Last…….. More Love.

thank you for a very intelligent reply. I am an Independent, I don’t believe in the “one party” for the rich, bankers & wars. We are each open to our
    own points/thoughts. Thank you for the compliment on my work – my friends used to remind me that I’m a white person when I spoke of racial injustice.I’ve been
    there, seen a lot in my years. America is a failed experiment, built on racism and genocide. Imagine if people actually knew their real history. Welcome to show.

8. delroydmurray says: